Rosie, You're Hired


Oh where, oh where has my tree-topper gone?


I don't have a clue. I don't even remember what it looks like.

We're going to leave the tree the way it is. Usually we add paper cutouts of nativity figures, but they're a little worse-for-wear. And the gold gyp sprigs are all flattened. And the tree-topper's on the lam. So it's done.

The master bedroom tree is done, too:




And so is the tree in the hall. It's decorated with sand dollars and sunfish from south Florida that my mother-in-law fished out of chest-deep gulf water with her toes:



Big Christmas party on Friday night, so we've got to hustle! Hopefully we can get the garland up tomorrow.

Flutterbug and I are going to bathe Buddy that day, and spray him with her Bath & Body Works peppermint spray, so he'll be a candy-scented ball of cat-poop-eatin' energy the night of the party.

The hard part of getting ready for the party will be the CLEANING. Blech. I wish I had a robot maid like the Jetsons.

She could vacuum up all the Buddy and Kiki hair and catch up on the mountain of laundry, ooooh, and she could get rid of the smelly crock pot (I missed trash day - bummer).

It would help if we weren't ALL slobs. All three of us. We need a neat-nut to move in. But then we'd have pressure to pick up after ourselves, and that wouldn't be any fun.

So we'll buckle under at the last minute, and race around the house and shove everything under the beds (100-year-old houses don't offer much in the way of closets) and sweep the dog and cat hair under the rugs, and stick the mountain of laundry on the porch, and hope no one gets nosy - I'd hate to have to dig some poor old lady out of a landslide of dirty towels and socks.

~~~~~

My poor Daddy got walloped with an ice storm in New Hampshire. He's a resourceful man, so I'm not too worried about him, but he and many others have been without power for some time. Please keep them in your prayers!

I guess it's time for me to toddle off to bed, avoiding the clumps of wrapping paper on the floor (Mike's birthday yesterday) and the camera battery, and the snoozing dog, and the leash in the hall, and the hair clip, and the hoodie, and the box of tissues...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inre cat and dog hair, I remember the time you all were here (a few years ago) and you and Mike were a bit dressed up to go somewhere and on your way out the door I saw Mike's pants were COVERED with cat hair from one of the chairs I forgot to vacuum. I was so embarrassed for him and for my poor housekeeping!!

The trees all look great. Love the closeups! Oh, and don't forget the trunk of the car makes good temporary storage. LOL!

Timber said...

Great idea! And we have TWO trunks!

Did you notice that the angel ornament is engraved with my name - I got that from you, right? And I've managed to hang on to it all this time!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I recognized that. I got both you and Jen one and had your names engraved on them--my two little, um, angels. That is close to a miracle you still have it!