I Don't Get No Respect


After church on this Mother's Day, one of our frailer elderly ladies needed to use the restroom, and her adult granddaughter assisted her.


On the way home from church, Flutterbug said to me, "Mom, when you get to the point of needing help to go to the bathroom, I'm hiring someone."

"Just so you know."

I consider myself duly warned.

~~~~~

Tonight the Victory Home guys were asked, on the spur of the moment, to quote their verse-of-the-week en masse.

II Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Amen to that!

3 comments:

Brenda Covert said...

Just so you know, I'd tell my mom what Flutterbug told you, but I'm too ashamed! My mom has worked as a sitter for years, helping old ladies around the house and to the bathroom. I just couldn't handle that kind of a job. (God doesn't make 'em like He used to...)

Modemom said...

Sometimes you don't need to be old and frail to need help. Twice this year I've had to use public restrooms where the toilets were so low I almost had to call for help to get back up!

Pam said...

I had to laugh about your daughter. Mine is the same way about me and my future.
I enjoyed browsing through your blog tonight. The Chattanooga post were funny. I think downtown Chattanooga is grungy too (and I'm only 20 minutes away from it.)