Zippity Doo Dah

Hello, my friends! The week is just zipping by, isn't it? The older I get the faster it goes.

The Victory Home ladies are going to be singing in the choir on Easter Sunday. That black and red lump between the little girls is Boo...and no, he's not covering his ears. He's lulled into a euphoric state from the beautiful music surrounding him (really - they sound quite good!).



When he's not attending rehearsals, Boo stays busy keeping an eye on the neighborhood.


All those seeds I soaked and planted...and here's the result:


ONE seedling. Makes me think Walmart's not the best seed store....

I realized tonight that this is Year Eight of enjoying this view through the pantry window:
  


I get a little thrill every time I spot these gorgeous blooms as I hurry to and from the nearby sink. What beauty and creativity God has infused throughout the lowly earth! I can't help but stop, and marvel for just a moment, over the wonder of a Maker who cares enough to sprinkle little blessings over our day...the blessing of song...the blessing of furry pets...the blessing of seedlings pushing up through earth...the blessing of white, smiling dogwood blooms peering in my window.

7 comments:

modemom said...

I so miss my beautiful white dogwood that died last year, but love seeing all the critters that still enjoy its leafless branches--birds galore eating at the feeders still hanging in it, squirrels, chipmonks and even the midnight raids of the nocturnal raccoon. You should make a painting of that view out your kitchen window. Very artistic!

Timber said...

Ugh - the pics are cut off! I was able to click on the first one and enlarge it, but I don't know why it's happening...

Jasmine said...

I have 2 white dogwoods blooming now, plus azaleas in various shades of pink and purple. I will be sad when the blooms fall off. This is the most colorful time of year!

Brenda Covert said...

Oh for pete's sake! For some reason, checking Jasmine's email for her -- hours ago -- means I am her in blog world instead of being me!

modemom said...

I was going to mention that I'm enjoying the fact that the pictures now enlarge when clicked. They are all enlarging for me and get extra large if I click a second time. Wouldn't have noticed that cute turtle in the seedling pot if I hadn't enlarged. Is that an old one (turtle) from days gone by?

Timber said...

Jasmine...er, Brenda - I know who you are, lol! I do love azaleas in the spring!

Mom, I'm glad all the pics enlarge, too. I never understood why only certain ones did before (I've upgraded the editor to fix that formatting problem I was having). That turtle isn't from my childhood but I've had it a very long time. I do have one of the very old brown ones peeking out of a bookcase that I pass every day. Nostalgic!

morningstar said...

The dogwood is beautiful. God has blessed us with such a beautiful spring this year. We have lilac in bloom and jasmine.
Boo is one lucky dog!