Rocks, rocks and more rocks

Having grown up in New Hampshire, I played on stone walls, built stone rings around campfires, played “King of the Hill” on big boulders and loved searching for rocks in the woods with my dad. BUT I was still shocked to see rocks lying all over the place when we visited in September. They were everywhere.

In the river beds...















Crowning the mountains...
















Along the coastline…


















Lining the roads and fields...
















In the gardens...



















Sittin’ alone in the woods (look carefully)…



















Edging ponds…
















Lining the hair-raising edge of the Mt. Washington auto road (another story entirely)…














So....I guess that's why it's called the Granite State. Who knew??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog off blogstatter. Nice to meet you. Your pictures are very pretty. Thank you for sharing. :)

Blessings!
MJ