Ode to New England


Ketchup on scallops with
coleslaw and french fries


Wicked good iced coffee
cooling my insides



Blueberries, frost heaves,
and blustery springs


These are a few of my favorite things






Whoopie pies, devil dogs,
donuts from Dunkin'


Warm pies in autumn,
like mince meat and pumpkin


Candlepin bowling balls,
old wooden swings


These are a few of my favorite things






When it's 90


When I'm broiling


When the traffic is crawling, the horns honking, the cell phone won't stop ringing, the toilet's backed up, the dog has fleas, I lost the electric bill, it's time for my annual mammogram, there's a strange smell coming from the fridge...umm, where was I? Oh yeah,


When the stress is chronic,


I simply remember my favorite things


And then pop the tab . . .













. . . on a tonic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooo funny!! :D

Anonymous said...

A+++ (Good thing you didn't hear me trying to sing it, though!)
--Modemom