Cupcake Teeth


I don't know what it is about Greenville. It smells good. The air feels different. We get friendly service at fast food restaurants. Could it be some kind of Bob Jones aura? Or is it the proximity to the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains? Or maybe it's simply the pleasure of visiting with my mommy!

I've been referring to my husband as "Hubby" on the blog from the beginning, and it's time to get real! I'm just gonna call him Joe - kidding - Mike. It feels so much more naturelle!

So here we go:

MIKE was on a radio program with his good friend Winn Freeman (http://wisdominlivinglife.org/). They discussed the fact that the cure for addiction is transformation. That the power of God through salvation changes peoples' lives and sets them free from their slavery to sin.

I'd like to see Mike get on the radio in Virginia. Nearly everyone is affected by addiction in some way or another, and radio is a good way to communicate the truth about addiction, the truth about recovery, and most importantly, the truth about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a little party at Sissy's beautiful home last night.


We had yummy quesadillas - do you know about quesadilla makers? They're the coolest thing since the George Foreman grill. No flipping needed, which is where I usually run into trouble, flinging cheese and meat and tortillas all over the stove. I need to get my hands on one of those things.

We also enjoyed black raspberry pie and cupcakes.


The kiddos enjoyed them almost as much as the grownups did.



Both kiddos looked a lot like mommy last night:




Little Bro brought over a few samples of the kazillion children's books he got from the annual library sale. I told him that he should write his own books - he's got plenty of inspiration with his two kiddos, not to mention his delightful sisters, who gave him lots of fond memories of wedgies and noogies.



Again, we had a horrible night's sleep, thanks to Buddy, who sleeps all day and fusses and scratches all night. It appears that he picked up some fleas in Florida - so much for $20 a month prescription flea medicine. I was about to drop-kick him out the window at about 3am. Fortunately, I was too disoriented from lack of sleep to find the window.

Note to self: tomorrow, buy flea shampoo, flea powder, flea spray, flea collar, earplugs, small dog-sized straitjacket and muzzle.

2 comments:

Brenda Covert said...

I'm glad you're having such a fun time in Greenville! Bring me a cupcake, 'kay? ;-)

Have you heard of video game addiction? I'm sure my son has it. No matter many I take away, break, etc., he is always bringing home another one and lying about where they came from. Ground him from one (if you can actually get your hands on it), and he freaks out - screaming, cussing, throwing things, slamming things - it's like he is possessed. And when he has one, he is obsessive about it.

Timber said...

Wow. He's definitely hooked! Times sure have changed. We never had much but Barbies and sticks to play with. And Barbies aren't exactly addictive, although I loved mine dearly.