Come On, Synapses, Get Snapping

I'm in a funk. It's nothing that a nice big bowl of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream wouldn't cure, but, you know, it's sugar. Whatever. I'm thinking of giving up all gray food instead (liver, ummm...raw shrimp, overcooked greens, etc.)

It may be the dreary weather. It may be that we have to run the heat tonight (hear those cash register sounds?) It may be that there's a dog next door who is starved for attention - it brings tears to my eyes. Of course, they've been burning anyway - my husband's been cooking, and he only cooks with one temperature - HIGH.

So the doors are all open to let out the smoke, and the heat's running to make up for it, and we're coughing while we enjoy the most delicious Shepherd's Pie.

We used a pastry brush to spread butter from the puddle in the microwave (a stick softened on HIGH) onto our bread.

But I think I just have a "Joe Versus the Volcano" brain cloud. Why else would I have left the car running in the church parking lot and LEFT IT OVERNIGHT, hopping into my husband's car for us to leave together. I wondered the next morning where my keys were.... The car was low on gas, at least. After running out of gas, the battery died, since the keys were in the "on" position.

I reminded Mike how much he loved me before I confessed that one!

Clearly the synapses aren't snapping properly. Usually that's an indication that I need to regroup, refocus and reprioritize. Sometimes I get too caught up with the busyness of life.

Maybe I should turn off my computer now. Maybe I should go to bed early tonight. Maybe I should give God my burdens, even the little ones, and let Him carry them, like he offers!

Maybe I should. Most definitely I will.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.
--Psalm 68:19
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
--Matthew 11:29-30

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the picture