The To-Do List Is Shrinking

There's a table under here somewhere. Hopefully it'll appear tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. It was a good day. Cranked up the stereo and kept pace with the beautiful rhythms and soaring melodies of Andrea Bocelli and Mario Frangoulis and Yanni (go ahead and laugh, I have a thick skin).

While looking for links just now, I also came across this video, which has always given me goosebumps - check it out.

I lit a few candles to make the house smell good. And took out the trash so the candles wouldn't have to work so hard.

I kept the washer and dryer busy all day.

I ate what I wanted for supper - a philly cheesesteak pizza (it makes Mike gag!) and Buddy ate the leftovers from my plate. No doubt I'll find it in a different form somewhere on the floor in the morning. Nothing I can't handle. When you have a throw-up'n dog like Buddy, you get used to it.

I spent a good amount of time scrounging around for things to sell at Saturday's yard sale. I walked around the house about 50 times, saying to myself, "Now, what can I live without?" Slapped a sticker on Kiki, but then she looked up at me with those huge eyes and I had to tear it off.

In case it sounds like I'm perfectly happy alone, let me clarify - I miss my Bubbas, both Big and Little! Buddy feels the same way, spending most of his time lying around at the front door.

Now when I go to bed, he'll be wide awake; he will wait for me to fall asleep and then he'll suddenly bark furiously at a noise; he'll get a terrible itch and take 15 minutes to scratch it while sitting on the bed; he'll hop down, hop back up, hop down, hop back up.

I'll be awake anyway - that pizza gave me heartburn, the neighbors will probably have another 2am fight five feet from the house, and I'll be hearing creepy noises all night. H.U.R.R.Y. H.O.M.E. H.U.B.B.Y.

No comments: