Thrift Story

Snore. I'm dozing while I blog. It's nothing personal. I'm just a little overtired.

BUT I'm happy to say that today's grand opening of the Christmas Room was a great success! During the night, I thought that it would have been better, and a lot easier, to set all the boxes and bins and bags of Christmas stuff on the floor and let people dig.

But we probably wouldn't have made $600 by noon. That's $200 per hour of stuff streaming out of the store.









To top it off, a woman in our church has donated all kinds of beautiful and glittery fashion jewelry and it's selling like crazy!


Thanks to the volunteers and Victory Home guys who worked together on this project, everything came together so well, and the customers were extemely satisfied with their shopping experience!

And now I would like to wander off, arm in arm with my hubby, and find a little park bench on which to rest my weary body, and watch ducks waddle around and squirrels dart from tree to tree and daydream of anything but snowmen and angels and ornaments and stockings.

And nutcrackers and tree skirts and wreaths and pinecones and Santas and holly and tinsel and garland and villages and snow babies and . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! I guess all your hard work paid off and I know you wouldn't have had it any other way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Pictures 1 and 2 sure do tell a story. That's one line I wouldn't have minded being in. The rest of the pictures tell the story of all your hard work (along with your team). Now rest and do that dreaming. xxxooo

Brenda Covert said...

Wow, it looked like a Christmas wonderland in there! I've never seen a Goodwill store look that organized! Kudos to you and your team!