The Rhythm of Life


Yesterday a dinner party...



...today a funeral.


 Life's funny that way. Ups and downs, peaks and valleys.
Yesterday, too much homemade spaghetti sauce and buttered bread; 
today, grapefruit and fiber bars (ugh).

My husband's well aware of the peaks and valleys pattern. 
He has his remedies. 


Isn't it good to know this life doesn't have to be awesome, 
as if it were all we had? Something to cling to, to try to control and make as comfortable as possible? 

No Joel Osteen for me, thanks - I know I can't possibly control my life (what a hoot); I'm just prepping for the important one after this. Someone much smarter and more powerful than I has it all in hand, and He knows this isn't the peak! 

So what on earth do we do with this wacky life?

Our Maker lets us know: 


“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moth and rust destroy, 
and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where moth and rust do not destroy, 
and where thieves do not break in and steal. 
(Matthew 6:19-20)

There. No pressure. Enjoy the ups, be content in the downs, and lay up those treasures, folks!

No comments: