Buttons & Blue {and a Cheerio, too}


Lookie here! Lovely old buttons.
I've held onto them for about a year, contemplating all the wonderful possibilities.


And for about six months I've had two blank canvases hanging on my wall; the anticipation is at least half the fun of the project!

What to do? What to do?


I got this far and let it sit a few weeks...


...and then worked on it a bit more as I found time...


...and it was so much FUN. Why don't I mess with paint more often?


Time for buttons...



...and more buttons...


 ...and I have buttons left over - maybe I WILL make a border around the TV...(heheh, not)








Today was my birthday and I received some lovely artwork from a couple of cuties at church.


Once a year, whether I need it or not!


Cheerio! (Find one, leave a comment, and I just might send you some chocolate...)

6 comments:

tuftsmel said...

WOW! How creative! Excellent job. Beautiful birches. And I loved the comment about the "bath". He-he!

Timber said...

...and did you see the CHEERIO??

tuftsmel said...

No, I didn't notice the real cheerio because I thought you were referring to your comment at the end of the blog where you used the word Cheerio. But I just now went through your pics again and found it right away!
Sneaky!!

Unknown said...

Love your button birch art! Beautiful!

Linnette said...

Melanie, Glad I checked in here this morning. LOVE your button art!! Also, the things you find to decorate with especially that you find the at the Victory Home Thrift Shop.

Timber said...

Thank you Donna and Linnette!