Around Town


Flutterbug loves to run errands. (YAY.)


She has a tendency to get stir crazy like her dad. Doesn't appreciate her chair like I do mine. OR puttering around the house. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her putter.

Today she offered to run to the grocery store. We gave her a list of things NOT to get.

Mike said, "Make sure you don't get me any mini lemon pies."

And I said, "And make sure you don't pick me up any candy corn."

And Mike clarified, "Make sure you don't get me FIVE mini lemon pies."

I'm proud to report that I haven't had any candy corn since that one little slip-up before halloween. Mike, on the other hand, is turning into a lemon pie.

~~~~~

You should see Flutterbug in action as she cruises through the crazy traffic around here.

"Dude! Watch where you're going!"

"Look at this guy - driving like an old woman!"

"Good grief, lady, use a blinker!"

She may have only had her license for a couple of months, but she's got it down.

~~~~~

The other night Flutterbug and I took Buddy for a little ride. Buddy LOVES going for a ride. Flutterbug drove, and Buddy danced around on my lap. Next-thing-you-know, we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe, or see (a new driving experience for Flutterbug).

It started with a simple, maybe exaggerated, head-bobbing thing, accompanied by a "wwwwwop" sound, as I enjoyed a Christmas song that was playing, and then there were dog toenails on bare skin and shrieks and other inconsequential things, that taken as a whole made us laugh uncontrollably until we couldn't breathe.

Or see.

Or control our weak limbs.

Or certain organs that start with "b". (Flutterbug is saying, "Speak for yourself!")

Good thing that child's an ace driver.

No comments: