Potlucky


My poor KITCHEN!

It's a wreck (more than the usual wreck, that is), after a marathon cooking session for tomorrow's potluck dinner after church. I'd post a picture, but...my vanity won't let me. The floor and the counters are littered with dirty bowls, utensils and ingredients, but the good news is that the fridge is holding a pan of beans, a bowl of watergate salad, a ham and a 500-pound pan of baked macaroni & cheese. I could barely lift it. Oooh, and two cakes sitting pretty on the stove, one vanilla with sprinkles and one chocolate w/colored jimmies.

In case you're confused by my terms, I consider sprinkles to be the sugary specks and jimmies to be those tubular solid-colored thingies, usually chocolate brown, but today, a rainbow of pretty colors. I'm not sure if "jimmies" is a regional thing or what, but I find the name totally tubular, man.

I was going to start writing about our terrific trip to New Hampshire, but I'm worn out and covered head to toe in powdered sugar and cocoa, which is making me feel a bit lethargic...and a little euphoric. So 'scuse me while I lean back, put my feet up and...zzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Brenda Covert said...

And here I was, impressed with myself for canning 7 jars of peach butter, and you were making a veritable feast!

Btw, isn't jimmies slang for some kind of drug people were popping back in the 70s? I think I read that somewhere ... but I could be confused...

Brenda Covert said...

Yep, definitely confused. Because Amazon.com set me straight. They are selling a starter set of jimmies for cake decorating, and they are as you describe!

Michelle said...

My kids think only old people call them jimmies. They may be right...JK!