Lemony Treasure


Thought for a minute that we were going to arrive home from a trip to Florida without a speck of citrus, but my Auntie came through with these beauties - plump, knobbly, scrumptious lemons!

Since I'm sitting here on the sofa with my jeans unbuttoned (and still uncomfortable), I have definitely decided to squeeze the lemons and freeze the juice. NO lemon squares...NO lemonade...NO lemon meringue pie. NO. NO. NO. Not for at least a week month.

Things I Ate While On Vacation: my mother's homemade snack mix (take one bite and you'll take fifty), whoopie pie (made by my sis, who understands the necessity of a whooopie pie at least once a year), chocolate, pizza, burgers, chocolate, sweet potato fries, homemade cookies, chocolate, pistachios, meatballs, subs, chocolate, Froot Loops, ice cream, and chocolate.

And now I have a second chin, pants that are too tight, and a Tums habit. Ah, but I also have a new bike. Lime green! with a bell! and a kick stand! (Twice I nearly sheared off someone's ankle when my old bike fell over at the farmers' market.) It was a Christmas gift from my wonnnnnderful husband and daughter, and I shall ride it tomorrow.

Let's see...how many miles must I ride to work off, say, one whoopie pie? Er...one bite of whoopie pie? (Baby steps, my dear, baby steps.)

2 comments:

morningstar said...

Oh YUM. Just reading your list of holiday delights made my jeans tight (er ). The Lemons are funny looking...is that a variety? Lemon water is good for weight loss and detox.

Timber said...

They are funny, aren't they; but I've never seen the kind of lemons you get in a grocery store on a tree! I don't know how those commercial growers get them to look so uniform. As far as I know, they're just regular lemons. And yeah, lemon water's a good idea, thank you!